Thursday, November 20, 2014

WebGL Chrome Experiments using Google's Chrome Browser

 

The first WebGL Experiment that I chose was a game named GridLand. I chose this experiment because the images in the block and the animation of a person building the house was very interesting. It is a match-3 survival game, and when you match appropriate tiles, the person is animated to build its own town and slay enemies. Above are screenshots of me playing two rounds of this game. GridLand  



The second WebGL Experiment that I chose was Meel. It shows an animated neural network that produces sound. Above are screenshots where I really enjoyed looking at the beautifully structured network with small balls moving along, producing harmonious sounds in accordance with those movements. Meel 



The third WebGL Experiment that I chose was FloraDrift. It is an interactive synth garden, where no pre-recorded sounds or pre-rendered graphics are used. The creator states that everything is synthesized in-browser. I really enjoyed the beautiful sound that the program produced. It was mysterious, and also special in that I was able to put in some extra sound effects using the cursor. FloraDrift  



No comments:

Post a Comment